Friday, January 20, 2012

Same Old Same Old

Carlos had an appointment on Wednesday to follow up from the visit the week before.  He has said that he is coughing less but otherwise continues to be feeling about the same.

However, the morning of the appointment he experienced some shortness of breath brushing his teeth.  I told him that was pretty pitiful!  :)  We did share this information at his appointment.  We were meeting a new cardiologist with less than stellar bedside manner.  He initially was very much blowing off my concerns and at one moment was a bit condescending.  I was pissed.  But I restrained myself, everyone would have been so proud of me :p

So I asked about his next appointment and when we would be repeating the right heart cath.  he looked at Carlos' records and the previous caths, and all of sudden he changed his tune pretty quickly.  He wanted Carlos back in the office next week, heart cath by the end of the month, and we are to call if 'we even think about the Mayo clinic'.

This sort of treatment has been a recurring theme throughout Carlos' health history.  What he looks like just doesn't match what the testing shows.  I get so frustrated sometimes.  I feel like saying 'I promise I know him better than you do, so listen to me!'.

1 comment:

  1. I have finally found the blog and have caught up with all the news on Carlos. I wish we lived closer so that we could be of some help to you both. We will send some prayers your way! and I am always happy to play a little words with friends to help relieve your stress, Tiffany :)
    Love to you both,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete