Sunday, December 10, 2017

On the 10th Day of Carlos' Hospital Stay....

Carlos got moved to 4w last night finally.   It's a newer room and very large, which is nice.  The light was broken so they couldn't turn it off.   Finally got someone to fix it in the middle night.   Unfortunately he got very little rest due to this so he's tired today.   They had a full house so took awhile to get a bed.  

Today is a "quiet day".  Just watching vitals,  tweaking meds,  etc.  We don't know if he's doing plasmaphoresis today or not.   His blood pressure has been creeping up so they are adjusting meds.   His creatinine remains at 1.8 so they aren't liking that.   We are hoping to see that come down.   There are still plans for echo tomorrow,  so hoping to see improvement in his heart function.  

I seriously doubt discharge will happen tomorrow unfortunately.   We weren't really getting hopes up cause we know how this works.  

The girls are competing together in a sand tournament today.   That starts at 11am so we will use periscope to watch them play.   Robin is covering me this morning so i could come visit.   Dr Guzman covered me yesterday for a bit.  So its been super nice to come visit even while I'm on call.   I'm off tomorrow afternoon so will head here to hang out the rest of the day.   I told Carlos I'm kinda missing him at home.  Just a little.   Lol!  My mom is doing a great job being the other parent but not quite the same :)

We continue to receive meals,  love, and support.  If you want to call Carlos or text him, let me know and I'll share his number.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment