Thursday, June 6, 2013

Got Drugs?

Carlos had to go through his meds and place them in his pillbox for a week under the watchful eye of Stacy (one of the nurse coordinators) and myself.   It's a 30 minute production!   You can see the volume of bottles and amount of pills in the pictures.  It's pretty amazing!

He's still getting IV antibiotics for 5 days for the cellulitis.   The home health nurse came and showed me how to do it.   I had to dredge up some old school skills.   As a provider I don't do much with IVs anymore.   It's like riding a bike though. 

Carlos is doing well.   He said he had a decent nights sleep for the most part.   He woke up a couple times looking at the LVAD  equipment.  I figure it will take a couple nights to adjust to his own bed and schedule and no LVAD equipment.

I went in the pool today for the first time this year.  The water is perfect at 83 degrees.  The kids and I had fun playing volleyball.   Can't wait until Carlos can join us!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks like quite the production & a lot of work! So happy for you guys, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will lessen some meds will go away totally and some just reduce the amour taken....I remember this look at the table,

    ReplyDelete