Sunday, February 5, 2012

What a Depressing Day

I know I am making it sound worse than it is but I really am down today.  It sounds like they won't close him until Tuesday.  I guess they don't feel his right heart is doing as much as they would hope for.  He's made some improvement, but not a lot.  The fever was down most of the day but going up a bit tonight.  His WBC is normal though.  The respiratory therapist showed me his xray from yesterday and today, and it is showing signs of improvement....as far as clearing fluid out of his lungs.  So let me be clear....other than the not being able to close his chest yet, there are no setbacks at least.  Just not as much improvement as I had hoped for.

I think today being Superbowl Sunday, has made me feel worse.  Most years we have watched the Superbowl.  So I watched with his parents but it just wasn't the same.  It's so hard to not be able to interact with him.  I don't care about all the machines...if only he could communicate with me.  I just miss him so damn much.  Very emotional today.  And he will be so disappointed because his mom will go home before he wakes up.

3 comments: